Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Flighty the Fledgling

Flighty


 So Apparently I forgot to post on my blog about this back in May (2012) So here it is now! I found this little baby blue bird when I noticed my dog sniffing around and pawing near the front porch, I rescued him from (Bosco, my dog) and brought him into my room, put him in a small cardboard box with a paper towel in it and started doing research on how to take care of a baby bird, and rescues I could bring him to. While doing my research I foundout that he probably wasn't abandon, he was a fledging (A baby bird that has just left the nest, and is learning to fly, their parents still watch over them and bring them food.) If the baby bird can grasp your finger and stay on it on it's own, and it can fly a shrot disance it's a flegdling, and the best thing to do is to release it into the forest closest to where you found it, so that's what I did, and thankfully I saw adult bluebirds around, so hopefully his parents found him and he's grown up okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment